Sunday, November 2, 2008

Center Foot Update 2

Here's where we stopped today.
I'm going to continue this on my wife's blog.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Center Foot Update

Here's how the foot looks now.
It's rough, But it will look better soon.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Center Foot

I know I said I was not going to post any new items until I
get the build on track, But my wife needed a Center Foot.
So here's the drawing on 1/4 inch (.250) Polystyrene.
This will be different than Dave's design, But I wanted
something really strong.
More to come.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Closing the Skirt

Front/Back is now closed.
All we need now is to cut the Ribs for the skirt
and do the final putty work and paint.
Now again, This Skirt is for my wife's droid and
I will be building another for R5.
This will be the only project that was done early
in the build. The next post will be on schedule.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Skirt Part 2

Now you can start adding the front/rear panels
Here again the tape helps to hold the styrene in place.

In this pic you can see the sides are attached.
We also added more side and front/back supports. On the each side
we added 2 and the front/back we added 2 extra supports.
I just thought it made the build even stronger.

Add the 6 front side supports in place.
Next you add the side panels. A lesson learned during this part is:
Don't use rolled plastic, It makes it much harder to work with.

While the bottom plate was drying, We attached the 4 side supports.

The bottom plate was put into place and glue with Weldon.
To keep it from moving and to keep the plate and the supports
together we strapped it with tape.

This is how your skirt will look at this stage and the next pic shows
how we did the work.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Skirt Construction

After the frame supports have had time to dry.
You add the 2 side supports. At this point I suggest you let it all dry and
the glue set. I also plan to add Goop Adhesive to the joints of all the supports.
This is not a necessary procedure, But I just want a extra strong bond in the

There are 12 small supports to be added to the front/back and also 8 wider
supports added to the sides.

Next you add the front and back supports, These are glued with Weldon.
Each piece you cut from the blueprint is easily identified by the tutorial.

Although I'm helping my wife build her skirt, I want to show the steps
to build the skirt.
This is how you start with the blueprints. I used a tack spray to bond the
prints to the plastic temporally. You use a razor type cutting blade to cut
the parts out of the prints.

Friday, September 12, 2008


We got some of the blueprints printed today.
I currently helping my wife complete her R3T7 and we
printed the battery boxes and the skirt.
Now this will be out of place as for as the build goes,
But I did'nt want to waste time with the printers, So I had
them print enough for both droids. Pics coming soon!!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Coming Soon!!!

Soon I will starting my new Droid, R5D4.
This droid will be based on Dave Everett's Styrene plans.
This will make the droid super light weight and will keep
the cost down to a minimum.
I will post many pics on this build and do the best I can do
on providing a tutorial to build this droid.
SeeYa Soon!!!