Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Inner Skins






After building your frame, It's time to lay on that 1st layer of skins.
You tape the front and back skin to the frame and adjust it the best you can so
all the doors and pockets line up.
You may have some spots that just don't set edge to edge and it may be a off spot
in the frame. I tried my best to get everything perfect, But I do have some bad spots.
Once your satisfied with the fit, You glue the skin to the frame from the inside.
I learned that when you use Weldon Glue, Use it very lightly.
Just a rolling drip down each frame rail that touches the skin is enough.
If you use to much glue it will melt and warp the skin. I would practice on some
scraps before you glue the real thing.

3 comments:

SuperDad said...

Looking great man! Will be done in no time!!

Jason

Calvin Thomas said...

Thanks Dude,
I may have to order a smaller bearing for the shoulders, But it will get there.
Calvin

The life of thomas said...

very cool Calvin :)