Sunday, September 13, 2009

R5 Skins


And this is how it looks after cutting.
I only cut the areas where I will have something mounted or a opening for something to open.
When your working the skins you need to decide what will open on your droid.
I will only have one large door opening and the charge port opening.



Since the 3mm (1/8) Styrene has not arrived yet, We decided to work on the skins.
We all took turns using the cutting table and I've got 1 inner skin almost finished.
I went ahead and cut the sides, bottom and top down to the print.
But this is how it looks with the blueprint spray tacked to the styrene.

Once the frame material arrives, I'll have tons of pics to post.

3 comments:

The life of thomas said...

So cool Calvin! Kind of hard keeping track of all of your blogs, lol. Maybe it would have been easier to maintain one big blog for all of your artoo's, arthree's, crubber droids and of course how you did your extreme home makeover to accomidate all 6!! hehehe ;)

Thomas

SuperDad said...

Man..you guys make it look as simple as putting a model kit together..the rate you go!!


Great work!

Jason

Calvin Thomas said...

HAHAHAAHAA
Thanks Guys,
Yeah all the projects we have going at once is work.
Did you see the wood frame I'm also building for Keith?
There's a link on my R2 Blog.
And we're helping 2 other people build droids :o)
Like they say " I'll have plenty of time to rest when they put me down for good"

HAHAAHahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!1
Calvin