Monday, December 14, 2009



I started fitting the bearing into the outer leg.
What I had to do was cut a new size sideplate that Dave E. uses in his build.
The plate had to be mount 3/8 further into the leg opening to make up the
difference that the bearing used.
The bearing has more than enough turning radius and has very little play.
I used Dave's blueprint to center the bearing and you can see the drilled
holes that Dave marks on the blueprints.
I have 2 drive system in mind and hopefully one of them will work.
I guess I should warn everyone not to try this until I get it all worked out.

3 comments:

The life of thomas said...

Cool, still wanna see how you figure this one out ;)

Thomas

jduffphoto said...

Alright, you've peaked my curiosity with this one...

Jon

Calvin Thomas said...

This is the easy part getting the leg to rotate and the drive system for it will be a simple one.
The hard part is the center leg and them getting them in sync.
The good part is the styrene droid is so lightweight that the drives for the legs won't have to be over powered monster motors.
Calvin